European Association for People Management
The DGFP is one of the founding members of the European Association for People Management (EAPM). Since 1962, the EAPM forms an umbrella body of national HR organizations in Europe and facilitates international networking and experience exchange without any profit-related objectives. It is purely professional and specialist in nature and is independent of all trade unions, public or political bodies.
Today, the EAPM has 31 national HR member organizations from across all Europe (one organization per country), and as such unites over 150,000 HR professionals. It seeks to promote knowledge of human resource issues and activities across Europe, and their importance to industry, commerce and both public and private sector administration.
Furthermore, the EAPM...
- facilitates contacts, association links, information sharing and networking events among its member organizations and their respective national members;
- undertakes or promotes research at the European or international level;
- publishes a quarterly international HR newsletter with articles prepared by authors from across Europe;
- implements a range of cross-border projects for its members, such as a joint speaker’s database
- organizes a European Congress with international speakers;
- provides encouragement and support to the organizational development of national associations in European countries.
Since November 2015, the DGFP has taken over the General Secretariat of the EAPM with Mrs. Katharina Heuer serving as Secretary-General. In her function, she has played a key role in strengthening the governance framework of the organization and in enhancing the added value of DGFP’s membership in the EAPM for our own corporate members.
Interested in European HR topics? We invite you to sign up for our quarterly EAPM newsletter.
For more information about the EAPM, come and have a look at the EAPM website.
Through its membership in international networks, the DGFP has established strong partnerships with HR professionals and experts worldwide. For years, we have been active in international HR meetings to exchange multicultural perspectives and experiences. As such, we are in a great position to help our members establish contacts in numerous countries outside of Germany.
Are you looking for foreign HR contacts? Please get in touch with our International Manager Barbara Orlik.